Wragge & Co Legal Consultants LLC
With offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, Wragge & Co Legal Consultants LLC provides local and multi-national clients with a unique and distinctive service - high-quality international capability and experience tailored to fit local requirements and expectations.
Mohamed Al Mehairi is the Chairman and Senior Partner of Wragge & Co Legal Consultants LLC. He is a former senior legal adviser and director of legal strategy to The Executive Council of the Government of Dubai and a Member of the UAE Federal Legislative Committee.
In addition to top-quality professional expertise in regulatory, policy and strategy, litigation and arbitration, Mohamed has extensive connections throughout the region.
Wragge & Co Legal Consultants LLC Managing Partner, Jane Pittaway, is a projects lawyer with considerable expertise in the health, aerospace & defence and outsourcing sectors. Having spent eight years in the UAE, Jane is experienced and assured, she understands the region and can be found providing on-the-ground assistance to UK and international clients.
Other members of the team include: Paul Green (construction partner), Anthony Wilson (international dispute resolution partner), David Hamlett (projects partner and head of outsourcing), Bleddyn Rees (partner and head of healthcare), Michael Whitehouse (partner and head of international projects) and Gurmeet Kaur (UAE head of projects).
Areas of expertise
- Banking and finance - acquisition finance, debt finance, Islamic finance, debt restructuring, asset-based lending and real estate finance
- Commercial - IT, outsourcing and intellectual property
- Construction - contract negotiation and dispute resolution
- Corporate - M&A, private equity, investment capital, restructuring and insolvency
- Dispute resolution - commercial litigation, shareholder disputes and international arbitration
- Projects - project finance, transport & infrastructure (including aviation and rail), education, aerospace & defence, health and outsourcing and waste management
- Real estate - investment, funds, tax, dispute resolution, finance and asset management
- Aviation, aerospace and defence
- Energy - oil and gas, renewables (solar, wind, smart grids, etc)
- Financial services
- Healthcare, equipment and services
- Telecommunication services
- Transportation, trade and logistics
Wragge & Co lawyers aren't scared of a blank sheet of paper. Set them a challenge that has never been done before and they'll come up with a solution. The firm's healthcare experts did just that when the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi asked for help designing a healthcare regime. This work won in the 'Regulation and Risk Management' category at the 2010 Financial Times' Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Speaking your language
Wragge & Co Legal Consultants LLC is a Gulf business with a leading United Arab Emirates lawyer at its heart. This local know-how is supported by the full-service strength of 1,000 people in the UK, France, Germany and China.
Wragge & Co Legal Consultants LLC presents a unique offering to those wishing to do business in the Middle East, as well businesses based in the region operating in increasingly globalised markets.
A relationship firm, Wragge & Co takes the time and trouble to understand a client's business - its market, competitors, commercial objectives and what it wants from its legal advisers. Only with this investment can you be sure of receiving consistently excellent advice and client service.