All day, everyday, somewhere, anywhere in the world there is a Wragge & Co lawyer advising clients, working alongside our international contacts, speaking at a conference or just simply making a visit.
Legal advice across the world
Like everything we do, our international strategy is rooted in giving you the best advice and support. Wragge & Co offices provide local expertise on the ground, while trusted best friend firms are our first port of call in other jurisdictions.
Ultimately, it's all about what works best for you. Wherever you are in the world and whatever you want to achieve, we will manage your matter using the best lawyer for the job.
If you have established advisers you like working with, we'll advise alongside them. Otherwise, we can recommend our own. All of our legal, local, cultural, linguistic and commercial experience will be at your fingertips.
Our London office gives us a stronger profile in the world's legal market, as well as important access to clients, markets and opportunities. A Birmingham base provides strength in depth at a cost which gives us real competitive advantage in providing cost-effective solutions for clients.
We are also part of the World Law Group, a global network of 53 independent law firms with more than 325 offices in major commercial centres worldwide.
International highlights include:
- A €20 billion defence contract for the Organisation Conjointe de Coopération en matière d'Armement. OCCAR represents seven European countries.
- The first upstream financing in North Africa since 2011's Arab Spring - BNP Paris and HSBC's US$50 million facility for Toronto Stock Exchange-listed Sea Dragon Energy.
- US private equity firm Blackstone's £600 million acquisition of the Mint Hotel chain.
- Two deals in one week for Heptares Therapeutics - drug discovery collaborations with Japan-based Takeda Pharmaceutical Company and Shire Pharmaceuticals.
- Winning a patent dispute for new client, global life sciences company H.Lundbeck A/S.
- Adding an employment team in Paris to complete the firm's full-service offering in France. Partner Valerie Blandeau and two associates joined from Eversheds.
- CBPE Capital's investment in Kane Group and its US$27.5 million acquisition of HSBC's insurance management businesses. The deal creates a new group with operations in the UK, North America, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Malta and the Middle East.
- High Court victory for US-based toy company Hasbro against German company 123 Nährmittel in a high-profile case concerning its Play-Doh brand.
To find out more about our international work and strategy, contact Quentin Poole, senior partner.