Diversity is a word that means different things to different people. And that's the point. Different people. Wragge & Co celebrates the diversity of its people - different backgrounds; different cultures; different experiences; different interests; different ages; different needs.
We want to create a workplace where our people can be themselves, celebrating the fact that we're all individuals. We are committed to attracting and retaining talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Senior partner Quentin Poole leads our diversity forum, which includes fee earners and support staff from across the firm - each with a passion for equality and diversity.
- Our [MORE] Women initiative comprises a number of projects aimed at addressing the gender imbalance in our partnership and management
- We have a network of Disability Champions to provide confidential support and guidance to employees who have any disability-related concerns or queries
- Working in schools with high black and minority ethnic populations to promote inclusion in the profession – including our "Day in the Life of a Lawyer" programme which incorporates an 18 month mentoring and skills development programme
- We have a network for our lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff and are a Stonewall Diversity Champion
- Our award winning bespoke working policies support our employees' needs and enable us to provide working arrangements that work for the individual as well as the business as a whole
- For working families we offer an enhanced maternity package; support for staff going through fertility treatment and childcare vouchers for working parents
- 32% of our people work flexibly or part time
- We have prayer contemplation rooms in our London and Birmingham offices for people of any faith to use
- We celebrate and raise awareness of cultural and religious dates important to our people, such as Chinese New Year, Rosh Hashanah, Ramadan, Yom Kippur, Diwali, Black History Month, Christmas and Easter
- We have rolled out online diversity training to all UK employees
This gives you a flavour of our approach to diversity. There's more in our news and achievements section. We also publish our diversity statistics. We're proud of what we have achieved so far, but know there is more to be done.